Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And now for something totally lighthearted

Today we celebrated the first birthday of our daughter's pet mouse, Max. We don't know his actual birthday of course, but since we got him in early October last year when he was approximately 6 weeks old, we set today as "the day". Our daughter has been making plans for Max's birthday for several weeks now. Here she is with her brother C icing the cupcakes.And here is the birthday mouse! Some of these pictures are a tad fuzzy as the birthday mouse was quite active.

The cupcakes we ate.......
And the cheeze-its that he ate.

After singing happy birthday and having the cupcakes/cheeze-its, it was time for Max to open his presents. First he got some hanging toys from his "uncle L".
Then he got a climbing tube from his 2 year old "uncle A".

And this wonderful jungle gym was a present from his "uncle C".

Next we have his musical tower which was a gift from "uncle G".

His "grandparents" (me and my husband) gave him a tiny A-frame dollhouse, and his devoted owner gave him this wonderful playpen! (She actually made most of the gifts and then assigned them to us to give).

All the guests made merry, laughed gaily, and played heartily until it was time to put the tired birthday mouse to bed. The guests were encouraged to go to bed as well. :-) A good time was had by all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an "action" feature for taking action shots? LOL Never dreamed of needing that feature for a mouse! Too funny; we used to celebrate my dauchschund's birthday when I was little. We guessed his birthdate and he got cake and ice cream (never gifts like the mouse...our dog had a bit more of a deprived life). One year he was very mopey in the autumn...then my parents realized they had forgotten his birthday. So they bought some cake and ice cream for him and he was no longer mopey! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

that is a hysterical and sweet post!

plz tell G to give max a birthday pat on the head from me!

Pam said...

Laurie,

Yes, my camera has that feature, but I was frantically trying to find it while my battery icon was flashing at me and the mouse was moving all over the place! My daughter was so anxious for me to get shots of everything that I finally gave up on finding the right setting and just took each picture, turning the camera off in between to try and conserve battery power. I really need to buy a second battery! Have you figured out that feature on your new camera yet?

BlessingintheBattle said...

what a creative little girlie you have!

Anonymous said...

LOL Pam I'm still laughing! That feature might not have worked after all. I've tried it at SeaWorld and it is slow. By the time I know when Shamu is leaping from the water, I point and click and in my viewfinder it is the perfect moment! But sadly when I review the pictures all I have is splash. I could post those and say..."Shamu **was** here." LOL
Blessings,
Laurie

lazy susie said...

Wow, Pam, my children would feel right at home at your house! They have similar parties all of the time, although the birthday animals are usually the stuffed kind. I think that it is just an excuse for treats!

We had a dragon museum a couple of weeks ago. I had to be the Lego man walking through the exhibits, but my man kept running out screaming because the dragons were too scary.

Anonymous said...

What a blessed guy! Is he homeschooled too?

Pam said...

Hi yielded,

Yes, I would consider Max to be homeschooled too! He listens in to read alouds quite often. And sits in an empty tissue box on the table while our daughter does her seatwork.

I visited your blog, it's beautiful!