Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Repeat Mammo and Ultrasound

At my mammo last month they found some dense tissue they want to take a closer look at, so this Friday I am having a repeat mammo and a breast ultrasound. I have had this appointment since shortly after my first one, but now that it's getting closer I thought I'd mention it on my blog and ask for prayer. It's probably a case of them not being familiar with my girls and needing to know what's normal for me, but I have also had quite a bit of discomfort on that same side during this past month and that is worrisome. Please pray that it will be nothing major.

Our pastor preached a wonderful sermon this past Sunday on how to keep puzzling times from ruining your soul, and as I listened I was thinking "is God trying to prepare me for something?" Well, of course He is preparing me for something, I just don't want that something to be breast cancer. Don't you sometimes want to choose your trials? I have even rated past trials in my mind! You know, "this was a lot harder than that, I don't ever want to go through this again" type of thing.

Once again the bottom line is God. He is. He knows. He is there. He is with me. He is at work. He is trustworthy. It's all about Him! Lord, help me to keep my focus on You, where it should be, and off of me.

7 comments:

BlessingintheBattle said...

prayers. prayers. prayers. I know that this is an uneasy thing...but GOD IS SO GOOD! Keep us posted.

BlessingintheBattle said...

From what I know...and what I have been told by my docs is that "cancer doesn't hurt," meaning, if you are having discomfort, that should not be your first thought...although that is so much easier said than done. If there is anything you need...let me know!

Anonymous said...

{{Pam}}, praying for you!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

i've had to do this and i know how you are feeling. i am praying.

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers (for peace no matter what)! Please keep me posted.

Lona said...

Prayed for you, m'dear--for peace and for God's best for you.

Hugs,

Lona

Anonymous said...

I am praying for a good night of sleep tonight, a wonderful worry free day tomorrow, and results that come exceedingly fast.