Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day at the Park

The children and I walked to our neighborhood commons area this morning and had a fun time playing. I don't play enough with the kids, so that's my goal for these last two weeks of summer before we start school. Here is our youngest:
Our 5 year old son C went ALL the way across the monkey bars by himself!!!!!
I got a workout pushing them on the merry go round!

We played "fish out of water" and a short game of baseball. It was a perfect day, not too hot. We need to do this more often!

4 comments:

votemom said...

what is "fish out of water"?

Pam said...

Fish out of water is when someone is "it" and they have to keep their eyes closed. They wander about the playground, feeling for someone else to tag. Whenever they say "fish out of water" the other kids have to leave whatever play structure they've been hiding in and run around on the ground. The person who's "it" can follow the sound of their footsteps and hopefully tag someone this way. It's really fun!

Marsha said...

Pam,

I love your blog and getting the chance to catch up on you and the kiddos! I'm still going to get that photo of a young friend who so reminds me of sweet G! If they look as much alike as I'm thinking, I'll send you a copy!

Hugs, Marsha

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so vibrant. Bright colors and beautiful children! This really convicted me as I've been trying to play more with the kids too. This is a great encouragement to me and I'm sure the kids had a blast with you!