Friday, September 28, 2007

Anatomy of a new roof

The new roof is ON and it looks fabulous!!! Since I know for certain that all of you are just as fascinated by and interested in our roof story as we are, here is the whole photo story for your viewing pleasure! :-)

Loading the roof supplies onto the conveyor belt,




and stacking them atop the roof.


All stacked and ready to go! You can't tell very well in this picture, but our old brown roof (2 layers) was curling in many places.


Good bye old roof!


In process.

Tearing off the old roof of our front porch and garage.


Ta da!! Finished product. Beautiful, new, non leaky roof. I am so grateful. I'm anxious for them to come haul away the dumpster filled with old roof garbage, but in the meantime maybe I can find lots of other things that need to be thrown away??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what a new roof does for a person! I'm so thankful along with you that you were able to get that project done. A remaining dumpster would sure come in handy at my house.

Lona said...

Yes! Declutter! Fill that dumpster up!

So glad to hear that your new roof is on...and that you had the wisdom to have them take the old one off. My dh has a thing about this--no more than 2 layers of shingles on at time, please!