Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday's Thankful Things

Preparation for the first day of co-op classes is complete! I am teaching a colonial America hands on unit study for 5-8 year olds, and a "real" drawing class for 9 year olds and up. Since we will be on vacation for the first day of class I had to hand over all the materials to my subs today. DONE. Yippee!!

My daughter is developing a real heart of service to others. She wrapped the beginning of the year gifts we are giving to the MOPS moms for me today, whistling the entire time.

Our van got some work done on it today and is ready for the long drive (as ready as a van can be that is 11 years old and has about 138,000 miles on it!).

It was a beautiful day!

I love my hair!!!

I still have a toddler! Is there anything better than having a warm little body mold itself to yours, feel soft little arms go around your neck, and feel a wet smooch on your cheek from a little person who adores you???? (that's a rhetorical question, correct answer is NO!) :-)

I learned yesterday of a friend whose husband has asked for a divorce, and today of another friend whose dad has been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. These types of things are so hard to understand. They just really, really stink. But still, God is sovereign. He is in control. God does not stop being God and He does not stop loving us. I am SO thankful I belong to Him!

And lastly, I'm thankful that our 2 year old did not have a severe reaction when he was stung by a bee today on his lip. It was his first time to be stung, and since I am allergic to bees I have always been nervous when any of our children has been stung for the first time, to see what kind of reaction they would have. His lip got pretty swollen, but that was it. Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

votemom said...

oh poor A!!!!!!!!!!!! that picture is so sad! but still precious, if that makes any sense.

congrats on being done with your tasks and i hope your day today is very productive and fun as you pack!

Anonymous said...

How awful about the bee sting. I'm praying it clears up quickly! Enjoy that trip!
Blessings,
Laurie

Rebecca said...

My first sting was on my lip too - I remember it so vividly. How awful!!!

(I love toddlers, even when they're staring you in the eye, hands on hips, saying, "Why SHOULD I?" to some simple request. Or, I guess that's my three-year-old, so not a toddler exactly. The two year old just says, sweetly and with a smile, "No!")