Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday's Thankful Things

Today I threw away $1300.12 worth of medical bills that I don't have to pay!!!! Between the 2 year old's collarbone break (trip to the ER, of course it was the weekend!), 10 year old's staph infection (two trips to the ER, both on a long holiday weekend of course), my husband's gall bladder surgery (preceeded by one trip to the ER, on a weekend of course), and my chest pain episode (involving a trip to the ER NOT on a weekend - whoo-hoo, I'm the winner!) we have had a lot of medical bills lately. Even with good insurance (thank you Lord) the co-pays really add up. I had several statements that I have been waiting to pay, thinking that perhaps insurance had not yet paid everything they were going to pay. So this afternoon I called the billing department and painstakingly went through about 12 different statements with a very kind and helpful customer service person (again, thank you Lord). I was blessed beyond belief as she would continually say, "we show that account number has a zero balance." BIG THANK YOU LORD!!

I ate a delicious dessert after dinner tonight that I did not have to make. (thank you S!)

Our son who frequently has hard days had a very.good.day today.

The hotel where we are going to stay at the midpoint of our drive to and from VA had their largest room available both of the nights that we need it and they had no problem allowing a family of 7 to stay together in one room!

My husband will get a vacation soon. Work has been stressful due to a deadline (which is tomorrow but he doesn't think they'll make it, so next week will probably be stressful too).

We are getting a new roof on our house.
>
The praying mantis is still alive and seems to be doing well.
>
My children delight me, and this helps me understand how God delights in me as well. Amazing.

3 comments:

votemom said...

what a HUGE day of praise!!

how are you feeling? i completely forgot to ask you yesterday - it's been on my mind. i'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! When we went to offbase doc the other day for ds' walking pneumonia, I expected a co-pay. I gave them our military insurance authorization #, which allows us to see an off base doc and have expenses covered. But of course everything is never covered in the military. The Lord has blessed us with a great dentist who wipes out the balance with every 6 month check up that the military will not pay. The secretary is the doc's wife and they are retired military and this is their way of saying thanks...knowing how little money we make. Wow! No dentist had ever done that for us before! Our wonderful orthodontist, whom I have a hefty co-pay for, has reasononable rates and a 100% guarentee and will check my kids' teeth at no extra cost through college! I can even cancel appts at the last minute when a tropical storm blows through with 7" of flooding rain with no penalty! PTL! Well, we walked out of the doc office Tues with nebulizer mask and I asked about the co-pay and she said it was all covered! They even called the next day to check on ds. Wow! Base never does that! I am so glad your hefty bills were taken care of! =) Praying for a refreshing trip to CW. I loved it. It was like leaving the problems of the modern world behind and getting rejuvenated in a 7 mph society with thoughts of freedom on their mind! We rejoiced at seeing God's hand in history.
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

What a great post full of praises! I'm rejoicing with you.