Monday, June 6, 2011

Daughter G

Since receiving this art table for her 14th birthday, daughter G has spent a significant portion of her time in her room creating various pieces of art. She has been in an art class since February, and will often continue working on a project she began in class, or come home and start a similar project which she finishes completely at home. She can see in her mind's eye exactly how she wants the piece to look, and is quite meticulous.


Last week there was a show at her art studio of all the students' work throughout the year. Since she began the class mid-year, she missed some of the instruction in oils and focused on acrylics and watercolors. Here she is standing next to some of her favorite pieces.


Here are my three favorites up close:




Her art teacher, Mrs. D.


Wonderful job G! I am thankful for the art talent God gave you, and love to see how you are developing it and using it for His glory!

6 comments:

CAB said...

Wow! That's great - the pencil still life is my favorite of the 3, but I like the others as well, prob. the bottom landscape 2nd best :) I need to look into something like this for my daughters! They like to draw a LOT!

votemom said...

is this at the studio around the corner by the gymnastics place? if yes, i signed up my girls for a week of little classes this summer.

Teacher/Mom said...

Very beautiful G! I've got a budding young artist as well who is quite inspired. Keep up the good work. Blessings.

Targetshopper: said...

Oh my goodness, she is so talented! Seriously!!!! Just amazing!

Pam said...

votemom: yes, it is that studio. I bet your girls will love their week of art camp!

everyone: thanks for your encouraging words for my daughter!

Angela said...

awesome! you can see she has dedication and talent!