Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today I Am.....

Relieved that spring soccer season is over! All the children played or ref'ed their last game yesterday. I am also a little sad that it is over, as son G has now aged out of that league and will be playing in a different league than everyone else in the fall. We have been spoiled ~ all our players have had practices at the same location, at the same time, and games have been at the same place. Now we will have to go multiple places at all different (or the same) times.

Excited that son C's team won their last game! (first win of the whole season, and C scored 3 of their 5 goals!! Whoo-hoo, go C!) Thankful that he had a great attitude all season despite their losing record.

Preparing for VBS, which starts tomorrow. I am the preschool story teller!

Excited to see that The Short Ones' seeds which they planted in our garden are beginning to sprout! Yay! Grow seeds, grow. Stay away birds, stay away.

Thankful for my dad. He is such a man of integrity. Words fail to describe how much I love him, and how thankful I am to be his daughter!

Exceptionally grateful for my husband. So thankful that he is, that he is my husband, and that he is such an amazing father to our children.

Praying....for dear friends who are observing their first father's day without their husbands/fathers, for my friend who is estranged from his adult children and doesn't even know his grandkids, for my elderly friend whose husband of many years has an altered mental state and is combative, for the family at church whose husband/father has been languishing from cancer for many years. Today is a hard day for so many. Lord, have mercy on your people! Thank you that YOU are our perfect and ever present father.

No comments: