Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Play date with The Short Ones!

The short ones are sweet little friends from church (dubbed The Short Ones by their mother to distinguish them from their much older adult siblings who are The Tall Ones) whom we had over one day this week. It was special for me to get to spend more time with just them (I am usually blessed to spend time with one or more of The Tall Ones). First they played for a bit to burn off some of their excitement. :-)



And then they each picked out some seeds to plant in their own little sections of our garden. First K's turn..... she chose beans and carrots.





And then A's turn.... she chose watermelon and chives.



How I pray their little seeds will grow well and produce fruit! (gardening is such a metaphor for life....)


After we had done this hot and dirty work, we swam!



It was a fun, fun time that I treasure. Thank you, votemom, for sharing your Short Ones with me!!

3 comments:

votemom said...

LOVE!

Targetshopper: said...

Great pictures and what a fun day! I bet they were thrilled to plant seeds in the garden!

Angela said...

soo cute! and growing so much!