1. So very, very grateful for the early, more carefree years of our marriage. Pre-mortgage, and pre-kids. Today I had occasion to drive by the apartment complex my husband and I lived in when we first got married. Our first home. I located the actual apartment, and looked at it for a long time just remembering and being thankful. Setting up our first Christmas tree there.... putting lights on our balcony, buying our first furniture with wedding gift money, me cooking gourmet meals for my new hubs and loving it (haha!), staying in bed almost all day on Saturdays, being intimate whenever we wanted, and wherever in the apartment we wanted, with no fear of discovery. I have no desire to live in the past, but I sure do appreciate the strong foundation God allowed us to build for the future. We are living that future now, and the memories of "just us" help give me strength and hope for the now.
2. I was able to spend 2 hours at a restaurant by myself this morning, correcting high school English papers. Yay for alone time, and yay for more papers corrected!
3. All the remaining leaves got bagged today. 8 bags full.
4. I did none of the bagging. :) (a perk of having boys!)
5. I love that son C sits down to play the piano several times a day. He can hardly walk by the piano without sitting down and playing at least a few songs. He is learning chording now too, and sings praise songs while playing the chords. Sometimes I spontaneously join in, and the look of joy on his face when we make music together makes my heart sing.
6. And a bonus #6 today....finally having a nice long chat with my mom on the phone!