Saturday, March 29, 2008

His own desk

On a happier note, I made a little "school" area for Little Man this weekend. We school at our kitchen table and have very nearly outgrown its size. There is no room for the older 4 to have their work spread out AND have Little Man there doing some type of activity. I have at times had a pity party that our house is not bigger (shame on me!), but realized I would have to find a way to include him that works with our current situation.

All I did was bring a Little Tikes table upstairs from our basement toy room, but he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread! (of course, I tidied, de-cluttered, and deep cleaned the family room first, which took far longer than carrying the table upstairs!) I explained that this was his very own "school table" and he would have special activities to do here that were only for school time. His little table is right next to the kitchen table, so he is with us yet not encroaching on his siblings' work. A wonderful solution for now!


Thank you, Lord, for the space to do this, and for the Little Tikes table that we already owned. Thank you for blessing us with our Little Man. Help me to model what it looks like to include him so that the older children won't be frustrated or overly distracted from their work. Help me to focus on the larger goal of brotherly love rather than how much academic work we accomplish. And thank you for our house. Compared to most of the world, we are rich indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! There is no way my son would have agreed to this. He always had/has to be in the middle of everything! Hmmmm, so does the cat!
Blessings,
Laurie