Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update on Chores

I have been a happier homemaker since putting daily chores right on my kids' assignment sheets for school. We don't do them every single day, but by far most days we do. I have had my entryway rugs shook out and the floor swept every Monday for the last 2 months! Our 5 year old son does this job. Are the rugs perfectly clean? No, but they are cleaner than when he started. If any of the dirt gets shaken out, it's an improvement! As Flylady likes to say, "housework done poorly still blesses my family." (my paraphrase)



Between the 7 year old and 8 year old, the toilets, floor around the toilets, and sinks in both bathrooms get wiped down with baby wipes twice each week (and thoroughly cleaned once by me). It is rather amusing to me that the 7 year old has magically gotten better with his aim since having to do this job! Score one more for the chores team!



Our daughter does not enjoy doing the laundry, but she's learning to do it faithfully without complaining, and her attitude is more important to me than the actual laundry.



So, we have yet to conquer the dust, and I am still in charge of most of the piles that multiply throughout the house, but at least we're maintaining our baby steps pretty well. Lord, help us to keep doing "the next thing."

No comments: