Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snippets

Our 5 year old son C learned how to whistle last week! This is very exciting because *I* can't even whistle! He is so pleased that he knows how to do something that mommy cannot do.

Little Man kept a dry pullup all day on Tuesday. Today we changed it 3 times.

The spring session of homeschool co-op starts tomorrow. The children are all very excited! I will be continuing the same classes from winter session, junior gym (14 little bodies in that class, including our sons L and C) and drawing (8 delightfully older students in that class, including our oldest!). I found some great new movement activities/games on the internet this week for my junior gym class. Since many of the students are returning I didn't want to do all the same things again. This is one of those times when I love the internet! Modern technology is a wonderful thing.

We had craft night at MOPS last night. I made two really beautiful cards. I can say they are beautiful because I didn't think them up or do any of the cutting beforehand, I just assembled. I think hand stamping cards every so often would be a really fun thing to do with some girlfriends! There were 2 new babies there. Very sweet and precious.

My husband has been working from home almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks. I LOVE this!!!! He is working very hard on a tight deadline, so all the developers agreed to work from home where they will not be interrupted and asked to make fixes on less important programs. They also save lots of commute time. He met another developer (a homeschool dad of 13!) at Panera Bread one day last week when he was having a case of cabin fever and they worked together all day surrounded by freshly baked bread. Since this began he has been on time for dinner almost every night. I am going to really miss him when he goes back to the office in a couple weeks.

As part of history today we used our initial stamps on wet wax for the first time. We bought each of the children their first name initial stamp in Colonial Williamsburg last fall and gave them as stocking stuffers at Christmas. Today we wrote notes for our little red mailbox and sealed them with wet wax and our initial stamps. It was fun, but a bit harder than it looks.



Thursday is our daughter G's day to teach her younger brother C a Bible lesson. She read him the story of Esther and Xerxes today, and then quizzed him quite thoroughly to make sure he had picked up on all the important points! When she was satisfied that he knew the material, they did a craft. She is quite the little teacher!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overheard.......

7 year old son L: "Oh, that is just precious!" (unfortunately I can't remember what he thought was so precious!)
3 year old Little Man (very seriously): "It's strange that Lightning McQueen has a mouth. He's not *supposed* to have a mouth."


Me: Because he's a car?

Little Man: Yes. Cars don't have mouths. (he continued to look at me very seriously for a moment and then flashed me a huge smile. I had to scoop my heart up off the floor where it had melted).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! There's our couch! We also used to have an afghan with an identical pattern (given to us) that was in shades of blue and white! Isn't it amazing how much work Dad can do at home with a house full of kids! That bakery smell sounds yummy!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

my mom used to always seal all of her personal correspondance with a was "S" initial.

i love my 3 cards from wednesday night - they are just beautiful!

Lepidoptera said...

Panera - yum, yum! One of my favorite places to eat although smelling the bread would be good too. Lately our Daddy has been having a meeting at Starbucks on Saturday morning with a co-worker.

Pam said...

Laurie,

My hubby actually does get a lot of work done at home. His office is upstairs in our bedroom, at the far end of the hall, and when he closes the door he hears virtually nothing of our noise. He also gets really good cell phone reception up there, so it works out great!