Saturday, December 22, 2007

Birthday Celebration!

We had a great day yesterday celebrating A's birthday! After breakfast we played with pegs and pegboards. The children made elaborate houses on their pegboards, and we had little "peg guys" who played and talked with each other. I don't often get on the floor and actually play with the kids, so this was really fun for me too! Later on we visited a few dear folks in a nursing home (more on that later) and then while A napped I finished making his cake. I wanted to make him a Pooh cake, without the $12 Pooh pan. The way it turned out was not exactly my vision, but I let the children decorate it and it was their vision, so that was good! Grandma and Grandpa C came over for dinner, as well as one auntie and a little cousin. It was so cute to watch A and know that he really "got it" this year. He felt very special!


Thank you Grandpa D and Grandma B! The puzzle with sound was a big hit! :-)


We gave him a child's CD player with 2 microphones attached. The microphones have now been in about 4 different mouths, so if you come over with small children you will definitely want to stay away from this CD player!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake came out well! My dc are making a gingerbread village now. It's not looking like my vision...but their vision is very interesting! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

The cake is adorable!! I had to laugh about the microphones in the mouths...that doesn't happen at my house. Yeah right. Again, great pictures!

Anonymous said...

The cake is fabulous! I loved it!