Saturday, December 1, 2007

Go Navy, Beat Army!!!!!

The annual Army/Navy football game was today. And for those of you who were not aware this momentous event always happens on the first Saturday in December, and were therefore not able to watch it......

Navy Won!!!!! 38-3. Pretty resounding victory, don't you think?

Whoo-Hoooo Navy!!!!

My husband graduated from the Naval Academy way back when, and during his college years there it was required that all midshipmen attend the game, in uniform of course. This rivalry is very strong, has been around for a long time, and is steeped in tradition. Every time Navy scored my husband got down on the floor and did the corresponding number of pushups! (that was his workout for the day!)

We did all wear our USNA clothing today, but we weren't able to watch the game all together (children were at a friend's birthday party) so I missed my opportunity to take our annual "watching the Army/Navy game picture". But trust me when I say we were very enthusiastic!!!!!

Go Navy, Beat Army!!!!

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Yeah, Pam! Now if my Sooners will just beat Missouri, I'll be cheering with you!!! Through the game I'm doing plenty of screaming and cheering...all by myself. Somehow the boys have not picked up our Sooner Spirit. I just don't understand...

Hugs, Marsha
who is taking a break since it's half-time.

Marsha said...

Boomer Sooner....

I loved chatting with you this evening! You are such a blessing in my life, as well as MANY others, I'm sure.

Your Sooner fan down South,
Marsha

Pam said...

Yay for you!!! The Sooners won!! I loved chatting with you too Marsha. You are a treasure.

votemom said...

i hope you did pushups alongside your hubby!

Pam said...

Votemom: Nope! I left the pushups to him!! (you have to do the same number as the total score, not just 6 for the touchdown just made - too many for me!)

Anonymous said...

Your husband had to do push ups every time his team scored points?????? Sometimes I don't think I'll ever understand some of these college traditions! =)
Blessings,
Laurie