Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Family Christmas

Our tradition is to have our own little family celebration on the evening of Christmas Eve and then spend Christmas Day with my husband's parents. So after attending a candlelight service at church (which was wonderful!) we came home to eat dinner, and then began our celebration. My hubby read the Christmas story from the Bible, and since my grandpa passed away we have been using a Bible that was once his. This is always a very meaningful time for me.



The children tend to be a bit impatient (I can't really blame them!) for the GIFT OPENING!! Yes, we do take turns so that we can all watch each other. One of A's gifts was this new alphabet puzzle.

C LOVED his playdough set!


We were able to totally surprise our daughter with her very own digital camera!

Our son L was uber excited when he realized this was the Lego ExoForce "Golden Guardian" he had wanted!

And son G was thrilled to receive the lego set he had really wanted, "Holiday Train". This was a 6 car train with oodles of little accessories. It's price in the catalog was listed as $89.99 and since we had already purchased his other gifts long ago before we realized this was what he really wanted, we didn't feel we could spend that amount of money (not to mention the fact that I have a problem with paying nearly $100 for little pieces of plastic, but I digress....). Anyway, I was chagrined to learn how much G wanted this train. All he talked about for weeks was this train and how he just knew he was going to get this train for Christmas. So in early December I took another quick look at the lego website, and guess which set was on sale for half price??? We were thrilled to get this for him, and he was thrilled to receive it!!

He began putting it together on Christmas morning, and by noon it was done!

3 comments:

votemom said...

L told me all about that lego set he was hoping for. i'm so glad you were able to get it for him!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas Eve and morning with us! I'm so glad the kids were excited and you all have another year of wonderful memories!!

Webkinz are HUGE at our house. I don't mind though as I feel the kids have learned some valuable lessons through taking care of them and we also use the computer time as a consequence/reward.

Yay for the half-price train! I love when things work out like that!

Susanne Barrett said...

So glad that you had a wonderful Christmas, Pam!