Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Moments

When you are in the thick of training little ones, sometimes the days can go by in a blur and it's easy to miss the little moments. These are what I pray that I will remember. I'm fairly certain I will remember the big things (knock on wood!) but the little moments come and go so quickly. This is one reason I blog. So I can remember the little moments!

We had a really sweet moment today. But first you must understand the context. It was a piano day for our son. That means going out. We had about an inch of fresh snow today, which is always irresistible (even though they'd been out shoveling and playing for nearly an hour this morning!). Some of you know where this is going. I gave all the kids 30 minutes to get ready to go. THIRTY MINUTES!! And the end goal was being buckled in the van with shoes and coat on. That is my definition of "ready to go". They were not ready to go. I was frustrated. I really wanted to be ontime to piano today.

Also I was having trouble finding just the right ornament for my "secret sister" ornament exchange on the TOG yahoo group I am part of, so that was on my mind as well. Her box was supposed to be mailed today. I had no other time to shop and had to take the children with me after piano. I did not want to do this, but there was no other option. So I myself did not have the best attitude.

We were driving to piano, me fussing about being on time and worrying about the elusive ornament, when I noticed that the children were singing along with the Steve Green "Hide 'em in your heart" CD that was playing. Then I noticed that even the 2 year old was singing along, and he was singing ALL the words! Every single one!

What were they singing? Psalm 118:1, set to music. Here are the words:

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.
His love endures, forever.
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.

So I joined in and soon my attitude changed for the better! We did make it to piano on time, and I did find my secret sister's ornament and get her package mailed. So what was all the frustration for??

Thank you, Lord, for the sweet moment of hearing all my children singing to You. Thank you for the moment you changed my heart's attitude. Thank you for all the precious moments that I get to experience every day. Open my eyes to see them and my heart to receive them. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I like Steve Green. I think all he had out when my kids was little was Prayer Bear, which the kids loved. Glad you day made a turn for the better! =) I didn't realize you were an hour ahead of me. I started to panic when I saw the time you posted! LOL
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

good stuff.